Friday, February 18, 2011

Project 358: Days 39 - 41


Day 39: Why Don't We Do This More Often?
There are so many evenings that I whip up something easy for the kids to eat for dinner and then prepare dinner for Stephen and myself after they have gone to bed. Sometimes it is nice to have a quiet dinner just the two of us, a chance to talk over a warm meal without being interrupted every five seconds. And, quite often, Stephen and I would like to eat something that the kids would undoubtedly refuse. But the times that I am able to get my act together and prepare a meal for the four of us to enjoy together, I am always so glad that I did. These meals are not leisurely; they are not calm. They are noisy and giggly, often messy, and sometimes frustrating, but they are, by far, my favorite. We really need to do this more often.




Day 40: Comfort Food
Baked potato loaded with black beans and shredded cheddar. Sauteed kale with balsamic vinegar and garlic. Mmmm-MM! Totally hit the spot.




Day 41: Amusing
Stephen's grandmother brought this framed napkin to our house the other day, written and signed by Stephen approximately two months before we met. It made me chuckle.

5 comments:

  1. Photo #1: Postively a beautiful family AND pasta is gooooood stuff!

    Photo #2: Kale never looked so good. Yum!

    Photo #3: That is a most original keepsake! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, it's hard to see, but our pasta has pesto and sun-dried tomatoes and the kids are eating theirs with just a sprinkling of parmesan. In the photo, it kinda' looks like we're eating plain pasta and, for some reason, I felt the need to clarify that we are not. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family dinner photos are the best! Next time set the time so you can jump in! ;-)

    I want a baked potato now for breakfast.

    Reading that napkin for some reason made me miss Roy. :-( I love that Jean framed it. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, it makes me sad that I never met him and that he didn't have the chance to see what an amazing husband and father Stephen has become.

    Baked potatoes are bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baked potates ARE bomb.

    Also: that potato photo is SO clear and sharp... almost seems like I could take my fork and take a mouthful. :)

    Erin, you were lucky to have had Roy for a boss...he was always so kind to you.

    ReplyDelete