Friday, July 22, 2011

California State Fair (Project 358: Day 195)

Photo by SS (I'm just now noticing how goofy my smile is here.)







Photo by SS (Elinor is sitting next to me, but is hidden behind the water cannon. Stephen and Evan were in another boat and Ev made it his mission in life to completely DRENCH me. Ended up being a good thing, though, since it was SO HOT that day.)







Day 195: Sun Setting on the Midway




























Photo by SS







Photo by SS







Photo by SS







Photo by SS







Photo by SS














Photo by SS







Photo by friendly Fair patron.

*All photos taken with our point and shoot, 'cause we weren't about to drag our big ol' DSLR to the Fair.
** Sloppy photo editing done by yours truly.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the feel of these photos. My mostest favoritest is of you and Ev looking back at Stephen and then the AMAZING Ferris Wheel Sunset shot. WOW. Oh, and Nori looking at the Fun House(?)

    You guys are quite possibly the hippest little family with your stylish California look. Love Stephen's new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, fairs are FUN aren't they?!

    My favorite photos are the one of you and Ev on the kiddie ride, the sunset shot and the black and white of Ev waving to someone on the monorail.

    Looks like you had a really great time....it shows all over your faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Ev AND ELINOR on the monorail is what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Keri entirely, what a hip good looking California family. I love the casual style you all have. I have not been to the state fair in years! It looks so magical, love the photo of the sunset on the midway. I bet Evan was crazy about the monster trucks!

    I also love how you and Stephen go back alone each year. So cute! Take pis and let me know how it would be different from going with the kiddos.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comments, ladies. Stephen and I cannot WAIT to go back for a date night on Wednesday. Our past dates at the State Fair are some of our most memorable! I will post pictures for sure!

    ReplyDelete