Monday, June 20, 2011

Project 358: Days 159 - 162

Day 159: Currently Reading


I have this terrible habit of always reading a million (okay, six) books at once. This may lead you to believe that I read constantly, burning through hundreds of books within the span of a couple months. In actuality, I have only finished one measly book this year, and that was because I had a deadline (thank you, book club, for forcing me to focus). I find it nearly impossible to commit myself to one book at a time because there is so much out there that I want to read (it actually makes me feel kind of panicky sometimes, the thought that I will never in my lifetime be able to read all the books that I want to read). But this habit of reading multiple books at once is totally inefficient, especially considering the limited amount of time I have to devote to the hobby. Am I going to change? Eh, it's unlikely. Then again, you know what they say...admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a deadline to meet...Book Club Meeting #2 is only a few weeks away!

. . . . . .

Then again, maybe I'll just go outside and drink a mojito instead...


Day 160: Mmmmojitos!


Ingredients:
10 limes, fresh pulp and juice
30 leaves fresh mint
3/4 cup sugar
1 (to 1-1/2) cups white rum
club soda (to taste), chilled

  1. Place lime juice, mint, and sugar into a pitcher.
  2. Using a muddle stick, mash to release mint oils, and dissolve sugar into juice.
  3. Add rum and lots of ice topped with club soda. Add more club soda to glasses if a lighter drink is desired.
  4. Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.
  5. Head out to the patio on a warm summer evening, put your feet up, and enjoy!
Recipe makes 10 servings. Drinking with a larger group? Or alone? This link will take you to the original recipe, where you'll find a handy little tool to help you customize the ingredients to fit the party. Cheers!




Day 161: Catnip In Bloom






Day 162: Me and My Girl


3 comments:

  1. The catnip reminded me that I need to raid your flourishing herb garden, pronto! :)

    Those mojitos were super refreshing!

    Good luck on the books, Ali. That stack gives me anxiety! ;)

    Great shots, lady...faves are of the piled books and the catnip and of you and the miss, and your pretty feet (uh, I mean mojitos). So really the whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first thing, you are allowed to read under the influence. second, i find reading many books and magazines at once even better, you can go back and forth. maybe one is a page turner, but another is some classic, les miserables for instance, that you've been meaning to get to since high school. one chapter of les mis, then one chapter of page turner, then an article in the new yorker. you get the idea. and third, you will never read all the books you want to, speed reading or otherwise, but somebody will, and that's okay. you will read some greats, some duds, and you may even write one some day that will see the light of day. happy reading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo is oh so sweet! Love your proud mama smile!

    ReplyDelete