Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Project 358: Days 151 - 158

Day 151: Lavendar








Day 152: Birds On Wires








Day 153: If You're Happy And You Know It, Shout "Hooray!"



Day 154: Fail. No photo.




Day 155: Backyard Boogie








Day 156: Snuggle Buggles



(I have to stop taking pictures of my kids while they sleep...The flash of my camera is bound to wake them one of these days. And yet, how can I stop? Impossible...)



Day 157: Boys And Trains: A Classic Combo



And because Day 157 presented me with a difficult choice, here is one more photo of two of my very favorite Y chromosomes...



The Man I'm Raising and The Man Who Raised Me



Today, I sat down to draw with Evan. I grabbed a red pen, took it to the upper right-hand corner of the paper and drew a small curved line, creating a shape much like a slice of pie. Evan asked me what I was
drawing and I said, quite honestly, "I don't know." Over the course of the day, this is what developed:



Day 158: Art Therapy


What a thoroughly relaxing activity this whole drawing gig is. No wonder I did it so much as a child...Need to do it more often as an adult.

6 comments:

  1. So fun waking up this wonderful Project 358 post. You have so many talented ways of expressing yourself be it through the way you frame a photo: birdie and lavendar shot; or the way you capture so much feeling in a photo: the one smiling with Ev smiling back at you just gets me, so sweet and why is that seeing our children with their grandparents is the most precious thing?! Finally, the last photo of your art therapy reminds me so much of you growing up. How many notes did I receive with a special little drawing, or my name so artfully crafted at the top of a letter, or the artwork hung around your bedroom? I see children's book illustrator right here, so many beautiful colors and patterns and detail...my children would love pictures like these accompanying a story.

    This post was a feast for my eyes, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You definitely need to do art therapy more often! Love it!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the photos and the commentary. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm entranced by your drawing Ali. I need you draw more and put them in a book. The colors and the detail. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ev and Ellie are totally precious sleeping!! I'm surprised they haven't woken up from the flash/clicks yet. Keep doing it!

    Your art is so...WOW! Really? I'm so impressed, and love it. It makes me so happy to look at it and get lost in it.

    The backyard boogie could be a magazine layout. How perfect is that photo!?

    Great grouping of photos for the project Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ladies are so nice to me. <3 Don't know what I'd do without all your love and support, for reals.

    Keri, there were days that I LIVED for those notes passed between classes. Wish I still had some of those. Bet they'd be a hoot to read now!

    ReplyDelete