Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stifled

My insides feel tight;
wound up.
I know if I just breathe
deeply
I could help them to unwind
uncurl
unfurl.
But my breath is shallow
short
forced
stuck inside my chest.
I click "refresh"
a thousand times a day
as if refreshing my Google Reader
will somehow refresh my mood
my day
my life.
I hear knocking on the door and I don't
want
to
answer.
What am I hiding from?
There is no place to run.
No reason to run.
Open the door
open your arms
open your heart
and let them in.
Let them help you
breathe.
Let them unwind you.
They are waiting
wanting
needing
to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ali. I love it when you write poetry. I really feel this one, we are so similar in so many ways. Perfect for me to ponder today. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes, Ali. You have so beautifully written what has been weighing heavily on my soul. Thank you for sharing your writing here. I love it so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Ali. I too can relate to this in so many ways.

    Gosh, I love it when you let your heart and soul pour out into your writing. You have such a gift.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet words, friends. Writing poetry feels good to me but finding out that what I've written resonates with someone else feels even better. Love you girls, wouldn't want to live without ya'll.

    ReplyDelete