Monday, January 17, 2011

Project 358: Days 8, 9 and 10

Day 8: Still Life With Walnut 
This photo just kind of happened the other night when I realized after putting the kids to bed that I had not picked up my camera all day. Glancing around the kitchen for something to photograph, my eyes settled quickly on a mason jar filled with walnuts. No need to look any further; I had found my subject. Walnuts really are a lovely shade of brown, don't you think?

Day 9: Pretty as a Picture
Nine days into the project, I began to realize that the challenge is two-fold. On the one hand, there is the obvious challenge: remembering to take a photo every single day. But what I didn't think about initially is the additional challenge of choosing which photo to post on the days when I have taken many. This, I think, is the more difficult of the two.

The kids were painting yesterday morning, getting kinda' messy, singing songs, and just being, well, downright adorable. So, naturally, my camera was click click clicking away the entire time. Choosing between the many photos I took that morning was hard enough, but just to add to the difficulty, Evan went and fell asleep on the couch that evening (much like his sister on Day 1), which resulted in a beautiful, angelic photo of him. At first, I posted the photo above and posted the sleeping Evan photo as a "runner-up" simply because I could not choose. Eventually, I decided that by doing so, I was breaking the unwritten rules of the project and thus forced myself to edit. But, gosh, it kinda' hurt to choose.

Day 10: The Heart of the Matter
For today's photo, I decided to revisit my subject from two days ago. She was just so easy to work with, I mean absolutely zero attitude. I was so pleased with the results of our first session, I just had to get her in front of the camera again. This time, I wanted to see if I could get her to open up a little more.

Har. Har. Seriously, though, what a lovely little surprise I got when I cracked open my afternoon snack. How could I not snap a pic?



6 comments:

  1. Goodness, Alison. The treasure you found within that walnut shell was truly the most beautiful photograph. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heart needs a frame inside your home. I know how much the missus fancies hearts. Amazing shot!

    I'd love to see the shot of angelic Evan also. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, I need to have that last shot for my heart art collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, you are intuitive with your camera. Love all the photos. Daily life captured. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, thanks for the hint about adding captions. Never noticed that option before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do I keep typing "Alison"? Weird.

    ReplyDelete