Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lunch Date! (Project 358: Days 185 & 186)

Earlier this week, we spent a couple nights in Sebastopol to visit with Stephen's family and, while there, Stephen and I were given the chance to go out to lunch while his mom and sister watched the kids (THANKS, GUYS!!!). We took the opportunity to visit the Healdsburg location of Cafe Gratitude, a 20 minute jaunt down the highway from Sebastopol. You may remember my review of the San Rafael location from this post.

Day 185: Lunch at Cafe Gratitude, Healdsburg location



Healdsburg is an adorable little town straddling the Russian River, just one of the many places I wouldn't mind living in Sonoma County.




Waiting for our food, sipping on Bison Chocolate Stout, a rich dark Berkeley brew.



On a mission to taste everything on the menu, Stephen and I decided to try dishes different than the ones we'd had during our previous two visits. I chose "I Am Nourished" from the Raw Specialties menu (Live sandwich with almond pate, carrot, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and spicy mustard sauce on apple curry bread):




I Am Nourished!




Oh man, this totally hit the spot, such a lovely mix of flavors, and so hearty! I could only finish half and saved the rest to enjoy as a tasty snack a couple hours later. Stephen ordered "I Am Extraordinary" from the Cooked Specialties menu (BLT with sauteed maple coconut bacon, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato and avocado. Served with spicy chipotle aioli on an organic wheat bun):




I Am Extraordinary!



Now, I didn't taste Stephen's (I'm often just fine eating my own meal, though I'll willingly give others bites of my food), so I can't give you an opinion, but Stephen said it was fantastic (and practically licked the plate clean!). I don't know. Looks a little heavy on the aioli, don'tcha think?

On the way out, we decided to purchase the Cafe Gratitude cookbook, I Am Grateful: Recipes & Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude. I am so excited to start trying some of these recipes.



Day 186: Dinner Party Dreams

Hmmm....just may have to host a raw food dinner party one of these days...


4 comments:

  1. A raw food dinner party! How do I sign up?!

    Greta photo of you at Cafe Gratitude. You look really relaxed and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just love that place. You look absolutely beautiful in that photo Ali. Keep us updated on the menu! I wish I could try everything also, I think the closest Gratitude near me is Berkeley.

    I don't know how I feel about raw food. Mark had the sunflower burger and I couldn't stomach it. Let me know what you think of that one. I think you've just stepped your veganism up a notch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's weird? I don't remember the sunflower burger from either location and don't even see it on the menu online. Was it a special or something? Did Mark like it?

    I've tried three entrees from the raw menu so far, including the one in this post, and they've all been out of this world. So don't give up on it yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisp, clear, beautiful photos of deliciously enticing food, Ali May!! And you guys!?! You look so relaxed and carefree. Ali, you especially look glowful! Love dthis post. I'm all for these getaway photos...you two know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete