Wednesday, December 5, 2012

October & November, Instagram Style

Enjoying some spearmint tea at the rooftop cafe of SFMOMA with my beautiful sisters.




jessica.




margaret.




been eight years, yo. woot.




Stole some caterpillars from my parents' backyard garden.




Look what I found! Two perfect little pumpkins. (Max's 4th birthday party at Fog Willow Pumpkin Farm)




(Fog Willow Pumpkin Farm)




Celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary with some beers from our dear friends, the Creegers.




A lovely day for reading in the park.




We headed out in search of overcast afternoon couch snuggling supplies, but were met with this instead. Bah.




Pretending she's a kitten curling up for a nap on the bench outside the library.




"The Cop Stars" by Evan




Stephen and I were able to get away for a night to celebrate our anniversary. (Thank you, Grandma Kim!!) We went to Wine & Roses, an inn/spa/restaurant in Lodi. Don't let the cheesy name or lackluster location fool you, this place is WONDERFUL. We had tickets for the Autumn Harvest Wine Dinner and ended up sitting with the owner, her sister, and their friend, a regular of the hotel. We had THE BEST time and can't wait to go back again some day.




At the Harvest Dinner (Wine & Roses)




The party continued after dinner in the lounge, with live music. The pianist pictured here is a regular performer at Wine & Roses. Her name is Kim Nejak and not only is she an incredibly talented musician, she is a warm and friendly soul as well. We talked for a long time. I even sang at one point! It took a LOT of encouragement from everyone to get me up there, but I did it! I sounded terribly squeaky and breathy and quiet, but I DID it!! The best part was that Stephen was so excited and proud and couldn't wait to tell the kids. My little fan club. Love those three. :) Oh, and the song that I "sang" was Rainbow Connection.




(Wine & Roses)




A recent white board scribble of Elinor's. I think she said it is a girl with a doll, but every time I look at it, I can't help but see it as a giant baby monster carrying a person back to it's cave. It makes me giggle.




Some of Evan's school work. I love his enthusiasm! :)




caterpillar caterpillar




caterpillar girl



Right here, there should be a photo of the first butterfly that hatched from our jar of caterpillars. But I accidentally deleted the photo. If you're interested, here it is on Instagram.




We made butterfly masks to celebrate the wonders of metamorphosis!




Yay, metamorphosis!




I bought a new hat, but I'm thinking it's far cuter on Elinor.




It was probably a bad idea to buy all my favorites. 




Happy Halloweeeeen!




Can you guess what I am?




Putting this makeup on reminded me of a musical I was in in 3rd grade. It was Andrew Lloyd Weber's Cats, but called Kits, with the songs re-worded to fit the new title by my amazing teacher, Mrs. Latone. I had some truly great teachers growing up. I feel very lucky to have had that. Also, meow.

We're a motley crew.




"Trick-or-Treating" by Elinor




"Me and Evan playing soccer under an apple tree" by Elinor




I opt for an absentee ballot because I like being able to fill it out at home, but I drop it off at a polling place on Election Day because a) dropping it in the mail makes me nervous, and b) I want the sticker! :)




baby girl caught a bug.




this again.




Elinor wrote her name for the very first time!




Elinor's answers from her Thanksgiving "interview" at preschool. Evan and I cracked up when we read it. Love her answer to the third question. Ha!




Two children, four cats, and zero flowers inside; pouring rain outside. What's a butterfly to do?




This girl takes puddle jumping VERY seriously.




Cousin Tyler came to visit for Thanksgiving, all the way from Apple Valley in the high desert of Southern California. In this photo, Evan is trying to tell everyone the names of all the different types of drums, but Tyler and Elinor just want to make NOISE! :)




Two peas in a pod. (Stephen and I learned later that these two were removing drain covers and filling the drains with oranges. Little stinkers!)




Stephen had to work on Thanksgiving this year, so he wasn't able to join us for dinner at Maggie and Jayme's house. However, since he was working in the neighborhood, he was able to swing by in the engine to say hi!




The kids were in heaven.




















me n my handsome hero of a hubby!




After Stephen left, Evan felt compelled to draw.




Giant mama mantis layed an egg sac on our porch wall. Can't wait to see them hatch! The wonders never cease.




I let Sammy into the garage during a big storm and later found him napping in Elinor's car seat!




Elinor's first time roller skating! (preschool field trip) At one point, she fell and hit her mouth (!!) on the floor. She was crying and bleeding but refused to take a break. A future in roller derby?




We had so much fun. Can't wait to take her back!




Gabby & Elinor




At The Rink with my favorite skate date.




Evan came home from school with three awards! 1) Star Student Award for 100% completed homework thus far; 2) Spelling Award for 100% on 5 out of 5 spelling tests; 3) Star Reader Award for reading 62 wpm (they're apparently supposed to be able to read 60 wpm by June). Evan was soooo proud of himself!

2 comments:

  1. Elinor is already a wonderful artist like her brother. It's so cool to see talent like that work it's way through the gene pool. Maybe instead of a family band you should all co-illustrate that children's book. :-)

    And seriously..having Daddy pull up in his fire engine just has to be beyond amazing for your kids. These will be cherished memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these collections of family photos. So many different fun activities. Your kids are just the best artists, I love their drawings. So much movement and detail in them! And loved seeing you guys at the wine and roses, you looked so VIBRANT. Glad you guys got a chance to get away for a night.

    ReplyDelete