Monday, September 12, 2011

Farewell, Project 358

After a lot of ridiculous, self indulgent back-and-forth inside my own head, I have decided to discontinue my participation in Project 358. Even as I write this, I feel bad about my decision: I'm a quitter; I'm a failure. But the fact of the matter is, I'm not enjoying it anymore. It was fun at first, and definitely got me to blog more; but recently I've come to resent the obligation. At times I felt overwhelmed because there were several non-Project-related topics I wanted to write about, but as a mother of two children, I have very limited writing time; and since I didn't want to get too far behind in the blessed Project, I usually ended up focusing on that. Cue feelings of overwhelm and frustration. All of this over a goddamn blog that, what, 15 people read? Kiiiiiiinda' silly, non? Oui!

So, yes. I'm a quitter, but I feel alright about it. Now, I can post photos when I damn well please and write when I feel inspired to do so.

Farewell, Project 358...It was good while it lasted!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Ali! It takes a lot of determination for a OCD person to be a quitter. :) Trust me, I know. I'm glad you stopped if it's not working out for you. I enjoy your pics whether they are in order of your days or not, and look forward to other topics you might want to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel. And THANK YOU for your donation!!! I've surpassed my goal now! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks when your motivation becomes an obligation. I feel ya on that one girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, darlin', you know how I feel on the subject. Now just waitin' patiently for some posts.(Yeah, I said it.)

    ReplyDelete